Spring is here and it's time for a good old fashion scrub-down inside the body kind of clean. All month has been devoted to decluttering different aspects of your life. This week is a focus on the body.
Five Tips to Declutter the Body
1. Drink More Water. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water every single day. Your body is about 70% water. Drinking more wanter is one of the easiest most fundamental things we can do. The results you'll see will surprise you! For starters, you'll experience more energy, less wrinkles, and less hunger (we often mistake hunger for thirst). I like to measure out my water at the beginning of the day to have a no-kidding goal. It's the easiest way to keep track of how much I've had and how much I still need. Caffeinated drinks don't count in your water intake but herbal teas do.
2. Move it to lose it. By moving the body and sweating, you're automatically removing toxins. The added plus of moving the body is that you're also completing the stress and emotional response. Have you ever noticed that after a rough day at work, a nice long walk or hard HIIT workout releases tension? Lose the stress and toxins by moving the body and getting your heart rate up. Moving also has the added benefit of getting the nitric oxide moving in the blood. This opens up your natural "medicine" bottle which bring down the highs and bring up the lows internally. Wow--movement has SO many benefits!
3. Get a massage. Just like movement, massage has many benefits to declutter the body of toxins. Massage reduces stress by physically relaxing the muscles as well as bringing down cortisol (the primary stress hormone) levels. Massage also helps to flush out waste from the muscles and tissues. This is why it's so important to drink all the water!
4. Get more Fiber. Fiber is one of the best ways to declutter the body of all the poop that's been building up. If you're eating every day, you should be eliminating every day. It's not always easy! Aim for 30 grams of fiber in your daily diet. Yes--that means increasing your fruits and veggies. Find my favorite whole food supplement HERE. Soluble fiber helps with weight management, lowers cholesterol, stabilizes blood sugar, reduces cardiovascular disease and feeds good gut bacteria. Insoluble fiber prevents constipation and lowers risk of diverticulitis. To get more fiber eat beans, fruits, veggies, and legumes.
5. Consider a Detox or Cleanse. The Wellness With Gina community does a quarterly detox/cleanse. Consider giving your body a break from sugar, junk food, alcohol, and stress. Through my 10-Day Detox program you're able to eliminate the offenders and replace those with nutrient dense options that will feed you at the cellular level. Ten days is enough time to see your gut bacteria transformed, reduce inflammation, bring back your energy and experience restful sleep. This is the ultimate in detoxing your body!
Take two tips from the five listed and start implementing. Spring is a great time to start forming new healthy habits that will keep you looking and feeling younger for years to come.
If you're ready to go to the next level, get on my list for the next 10 Day Detox Program. In just ten days you'll be amazed at the improvements in your digestion, skin, energy, weight, inflammation and more!
Comment below and let me know, what will you be doing this week to detox your body?